At Alsco, we know a few things about being first.
As the first company to introduce linen and uniform rental services to the world in 1889, Alsco not only pioneered an industry, we created industry standards. Alsco also invented the continuous towel dispenser, pioneered the use of garment lockers, and continues to lead in the laundering and delivery of ready-to-wear uniforms for virtually every type of application imaginable.
With more than 125 years’ experience, one thing is clear: You must know your customers and know how to deliver individualized attention and service from the first visit on. And that’s our guarantee. Freshly laundered, and on time – every single time.
With more than 350,000 customers and over 170 branches worldwide, we are responsible for shaping the linen and uniform rental industry.
Green runs much deeper than the color of our logo—it’s a reflection of the way we do business.
By choosing Alsco as your solution for linens, uniforms, and washroom supplies, you are also choosing to help make the world greener. Reducing our ecological footprint and offering sustainable choices are core components of Alsco’s business values. From always improving and innovating our own laundry processes and business practices to selecting eco-friendly suppliers and products, Alsco is making the world greener.
- Improving our water re-use systems to use up to 50% less water and 30% less chemicals
- Decreasing energy use by 63% in our newest facilities when compared to non-commercial laundering
- Participating in the EPA’s Safer Detergents Stewardship Initiative to eliminate nonylphenol ethoxylates (NPEs), which can be harmful to the environment
- Creating delivery routes based on the lowest levels of gas consumption and emissions
- Choosing sustainable vendor partners—the manufacturer of the paper we supply to our customers was recently ranked the 2nd Greenest Company in the World
- Offering 100% PVC-free mats and facility products that carry the appropriate certifications from Design for the Environment, Enviro Kleen, Green Seal, Eco Logo, and the National Floor Safety Institute
To Rent or Buy?
We understand that rental costs are a consideration when deciding how to outfit your business. Below are some advantages our customers have shared throughout the years, in favor of a rental agreement versus making a purchase.
Perks of a rental agreement:
- No up-front costs
- Laundry included; no need to manage cleaning and maintenance
- Consistently clean uniforms create an impeccable impression